The Lutheran College Washington Semester offers a unique program for the faculty of our member schools. We allow faculty to stay in our condos during the summer so they can do research for projects they are working on. Below is a list of the guidelines to the program. If you meet these criteria and would be interested in doing research in Washington, D.C., please fill out an application. The application can be obtained through our Application Forms page or by contacting Dr. Nancy D. Joyner, Dean of LCWS at Dean@WashingtonSemester.org.
Guidelines for the Faculty Research Program at the Lutheran College Washington Semester:
- You must complete the Faculty Research Application and have it signed by your LCWS campus representative.
- Faculty must come between May 15th and August 15th of the calendar year.
- Faculty member must stay at least two weeks and no longer than four weeks during one stay.
- Check-in must be during LCWS office hours, M-F 9 am to 5 pm.
- There is a $100 cleaning fee.
- No children under the age of 18 are allowed to stay in the condo.
- You must sign a release form before moving in which can be attained through the LCWS staff.
- You must teach or work at one of the 13 LCWS member schools.
- No groups allowed.
- You must notify the LCWS staff of all people staying in the condo.
- If you are coming with a colleague, men & women are allowed to stay in the same condo.
- LCWS is not responsible for providing linens, pillows or blankets. The condo is fully furnished otherwise. Please see our Furnishings page for what’s provided in the condo.
For further information, please contact Dr. Nancy D. Joyner, Dean of LCWS at (703) 525-5292 or Dean@WashingtonSemester.org.