To apply to the Lutheran College Washington Semester program you need to be a student of one of 13 member schools, meet our student requirements, and apply before the deadline. To obtain an application, please ask your campus representative, print one from this website by going to our Forms page or request one by contacting us at (703) 525-5292. Complete the application and take it to your campus representative for their approval. Then send the application along with the other required materials to us by email, fax, or mail.
How to Register
For the fall and spring semesters, register at your college for one full semester of academic credit and pay tuition to your college or university.
- Signed and completed application.
- A check or money order of $250 for Application Deposit. This is non-refundable and is required before the internship search process can begin. Please make checks payable to Lutheran College Washington Consortium or LCWC.
- Current official academic transcript from your college.
- Current resume.
- Three to five-page writing sample. This sample needs to be free of marks or grades from professors.
- Recommendation letter on letterhead from a faculty member to be used for your internship. (Please be aware that some organizations may require additional letters of recommendation.)
All students in the fall and spring semester are eligible for a $300 Travel Grant. An application will be sent to each enrolled student prior to the beginning of the semester. Students who return the application prior to the deadline date listed will be awarded the Travel Grant. The money will be given to the student after the first week of the semester when all outstanding balances due to LCWS have been paid.