River Place is the apartment complex where the LCWS office and our 13 condominiums we use for student housing are located. Built in the mid 1950′s, River Place was the first luxury apartments in the Rosslyn area. River Place consist of four large apartment buildings, North, South, East, and West, and each building contains approximately 450 individually owned units ranging from studios to 2 BR’s apartments.
- River Place Entrance to River Place, home to LCWS and our student condos
- East Lobby The lobby in the East Buildings
- River Place The buildings at River Place seen from near Iwo Jima Memorial
- North Lobby The lobby at the North Building
- River Place The view of the neighborhood as you travel down Hwy 50 / Arlington Blvd.
- West Lobby The lobby in the West Building
- River Place Pool During the summer the pool at River Place is open to LCWS residents. There is also a gym with game room available to students year-round.
- Lobby Another picture of the lobby in one of the buildings
Included in the complex is an Entertainment Center with gym equipment, pool tables, ping pong and a community room. There is also a large swimming pool featuring a walk-down “beach” area and a hot tub nearby. Students have access to all of these amenities for free. Originally there was a shopping center and gas station on location and astronaut John Glenn even announced his run for president from the South Building. It’s even rumored that tunnels run from the Capital or Pentagon to the West Building and were built for emergency escapes but these tunnels have long been closed off. The neighborhood was also long considered a location for a MLB baseball stadium if Northern Virginia had been awarded a team instead of the District of Columbia.
LCWS has been located at River Place since 1998 and are proud members of the community.